All About Kilts

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Amerikilt: The Customers Speak

Here are the reviews I've gotten on the Amerikilt. Click here to read the details on the Amerikilt.

I got my first one a couple weeks ago. A couple of minor problems with the order, but first rate customer service got everything straightened out quickly. The Amerikilt is very well made, but the material in mine is 100% cotton, not cotton/poly. Very soft and comfortable. The pleats all point the same way, which is fine, but I think one or two more on the left and right front would be very nice. The belt loops are too small: they need to accommodate a two or two and a half inch belt. The cloth 'sporran' is a nice touch, though a bit too small for my Springfield .45. The hip pocket is just right. I have a thick wallet (not with money!) and I don't have to dance a jig to get it out. Serged edge is a small minus, a proper hem would be much better. Overall, I think the Amerikilt is a great buy, and I plan to get a couple more.

Star Rating: 4.25

The Amerikilt was my second Kilt and one has to give a round of applause to the Butlers for some awesome customer service. I needed a custom length and it was no problem for them. It arrived in 3 weeks (would have been sooner without the extra length) and it's one of my absolute favorites.

What I Liked:

1) The most comfortable garment I've ever worn. I've even thought about sleeping in it.
2) Durability. My Kilt was the Olive one and it looked like it was made of the same stuff as an army tent. Very tough Cotton/Poly blend.
3) Modesty: Very Easy to sit in, plus the button snaps holding the two aprons together protects against accidental exposure from anything but a hurricane.
4) Sporran. Every Amerikilt comes with a cool cloth sporran that matches the color of the kilt. The Sporran and the accompanying back pocket provide more than enough room for all the stuff I have.


What I Don't Like:

Not much, although I'm not sure how much I'll be able to wear it come winter.

Rating: 4.5 Stars

-Elijah

Likes: It is cheaper alternative to the Utilikilt. It has the Velcro fastener to wear it without a belt. Great customer service.

Dislikes: Inside pleats not sewn down. The belt loops cannot accomodate even a 2 1/4 kilt belt and buckle. When unfastening the kilt, you have to pull the belt forward or be able to slide it through the belt loop that is over the Velcro.

Rating: 4.0 stars binx

I recently purchased my first first kilt from Amerikilts. I've worn it 3 times in as many weeks and am very pleased with the fit, feel and look of this well made garment. Granted that I don't have anything to compare it to I would rate Amerikilts as at least a 4- star company ( service was quite a bit quicker than I expected ) -Jim

I just wanted to say that I just received a kilt from Amerikilts and I
am very pleasantly surprised. I thought it looked good on the web, but the
actual kilt exceeded my expectations. They are great people to work
with and the fit and finish is wonderful. It's my first kilt, but it won't be my
last. I highly recommend Amerikilts as a fantastic casual kilt.-Patrick McGinley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home